It’s almost spring weather in most parts of the USA, but temperatures don’t seem to be staying consistently spring-y. It may be above freezing, but it’s not quite time to pack away your favorite sweaters! Here we’ve put together 3 ways to wear your classic, chunky sweater straight through spring. For good measure, we’ve tossed in a handful of tips on finding the best makeup for the look and signature perfume on a budget!
1. Pretty & Feminine:
1. Start by adding a pair of comfy, cuffed boyfriend jeans. This is an outfit you can cozy up to!
2. Spruce up your cold-weather wares with a new pair of pointy-toed bow-clad flats and a soft scarf.
Tip: Don’t worry, they needn’t match! Just look for pieces in the same color family with similar tones.
3. Mixed metals and classic pearls add a nostalgic twist to this girlie look.
4. To pull off this look, you want to go with natural pretty makeup in neutral shades like this eyeshadow palette from Bloomingdales. The beautiful packaging is the most attractive part of this product, but you can easily pull off the same look with drugstore brands. Go with the highest quality you can afford to get the biggest bang for your buck. Check out Sephora which offers a no hassle return policy and Sephora.com which has a wide range of free samples that you can get with your purchases.
5. Spring is the perfect time to find a signature scent. We love the packaging on this one, Signorina Eau de Parfum by Salvador Ferragamo. With a bottle decorated with silver, gold, and precious gems, the price tag is sure to pack a punch. At $3,955, it is well out of our budgets, but just too pretty not to include in this layout.
Scent Tip: Look for beautifully packaged pieces at your local department store in the more reasonable range between $40-$100. If that is too far out of your budget, try picking up small scent sample bottles through a SampleIt Kiosk (located in several big box stores like Walmart and Target) or you can pick out your favorite scent first and scour the newspaper ads for holiday deals which sometimes include gift packages or smaller bottles with bonus stuff.
1st Page | Next Page
Photo Credit: Polyvore board by SelenaMarie318